Monroe was born Norma Jean Mortenson in 1926, but she was baptized Norma Jean Baker. Considered the epitome of the “blonds bombshell,” she went from pin-up model to securing a film contract in 1946. Her early film appearances included The Asphalt Jungle and All About Eve (both 1950).
By 1953, Monroe had progressed to the leading role in such films as Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953), How to Marry a Millionaire (1953), and The Seven Year Itch (1955). Her dramatic performance in Bus Stop (1956) was hailed by critics, for which she received a Golden Globe nomination. She received a BAFTA award for The Prince and the Showgirl (1957) and received a Golden Globe Award for her performance in Some Like It Hot (1959). Her last completed film was The Misfits (1961). She died on August 5, 1962, at the age of just 36.
Now, you can celebrate the life and career of Marilyn Monroe with these magnificent collectibles:
- Marilyn Monroe Portrait Collection Set of 6 Colorized JFK Half Dollars. Each of the six colorized Kennedy Half Dollars displays one of Marilyn Monroe’s signature looks, from her early career to the era of her greatest popularity. Each coin is individually encapsulated to protect the colorized image, and the set is displayed in a custom case with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Marilyn Monroe "The Seven Year Itch" Colorized JFK Half Dollar. The 1955 movie The Seven Year Itch contains one of the most notable images of the 20th century – Marilyn Monroe standing on a subway grate as her white halter dress is blown upwards by a passing train. This official Kennedy Half Dollar has been colorized with this iconic image and Marilyn Monroe's facsimile signature. The coin comes with custom packaging and a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Marilyn Monroe Colorized $2 Bill. This officially licensed Marilyn Monroe uncirculated U.S. $2 bill is enhanced with beautiful colorized images of the glamorous Marilyn Monroe. The colorized images are accomplished through a revolutionary new colorization process pioneered by The Merrick Mint. Included is a display portfolio plus a Certificate of Authenticity to guarantee that your $2 bill is authentic U.S. legal tender.
- Marilyn Monroe Movies – 24K Gold Layered Quarters. A magnificent set of six 24K gold-layered California State Quarters features scenes from Marilyn Monroe’s most notable films: The Asphalt Jungle, All About Eve, Monkey Business, Bus Stop, Some Like It Hot, and The Misfits. The California coin represents the Hollywood movie business which made Monroe a legend. The coins are displayed in a custom case with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- 2012 Marilyn Monroe 1oz Silver Proof. Issued on the 50th anniversary of Marilyn Monroe’s death, the one-ounce 99.9% pure silver coin was struck by the Perth Mint in Australian as legal tender under the authority of Tuvalu. It features a classic portrait of Monroe and her facsimile signature. The coin is displayed in a custom case with a Certificate of Authenticity.