JFK Complete Circulating 40% Silver Half Dollar Collection$ 49.95 FM1135
Confidentially and privacy secured.
JFK Complete Circulating 40% Silver Half Dollar CollectionPrice: $ 49.95 SKU: FM1135
Availability: In Stock
Starting in 1965, the U.S. Mint no longer made coins for circulation in 90% silver. Dimes and Quarters were made in copper-nickel. The only coin that continued to be made in silver was the Kennedy Half Dollar – which was made in 40% silver for circulation only in 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, and 1969.
- This set includes all five of these 40% silver coins.
- After 1969, no circulating coins of any denomination were ever made in silver again. All later coins were made only in copper-nickel.
- The 1965-1970 Kennedy Half Dollar are also the only 40% silver coins of any denomination ever made for circulation.
- Each year’s circulating edition was made with only one mint mark, so this five-coin set is the absolute complete set of 40% silver Kennedy Half Dollars made for circulation. The 1965-1967 coins bear no mint mark (Philadelphia Mint) while the last two were made at the Denver Mint and have the “D” mint mark.
- The first Kennedy Half Dollar was minted in 1964 as a tribute to President John F. Kennedy, who was assassinated in Dallas, Texas, on November 22, 1963.